Sunday, March 29, 2009



Some people say better late than never...how about better early than never?  Gio decided he couldn't wait another 4 weeks so he came out to meet the world at 6:45am March 27th.  He weighed 4lb8oz, 17 inches long.  He spent he first few hours in the NICU while I recouped.  The first two days he was doing very well but then slid a bit downhill,so I was sent home emptyhanded.  The nurse practitioner for the NICU told me it could be up to a month for him to come home.  Until then, I will just have to get my fill of him at my daily visits to Virtua.  

3 comments:

  1. SO CUTE! CONGRATS!!! CONGRATS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww so sorry he had to stay...that must be tough, but I'm sure he will be well taken care of. I hope he won't have to stay too long...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are now in the "Early Baby" Club. It is very difficult to come home without your baby, I did it twice. But you just go visit him as much as possible, keep up your sleep, he will have ups and downs, but will come home in great shape! If you need to ever chat about preemies, feel free to call me (801 671 3341) or Natalie (801 787 5318)
    Natalie was 4 weeks early, stayed in the hospital 10 days, Brian was 7 weeks early and stayed in 6 weeks,( but he had some major health issue), Kade was 4 weeks early, and Addie was 5 weeks early and stayed in the hospital for 11 days. Keep a stiff upper lip! Love, Aunt Sally

    ReplyDelete