Sunday, April 12, 2009


Welcome home Gio!!!  We brought our son home Saturday, I didn't know if it would happen or not because the carseat harness barely fit around him.  The nurses had to lift it up, with him in it, to try to tighten it.  He passed the test though and we brought him home.  He spent the first few hours napping on Daddy's lap while Steve watched the PGA tournament.  I thought to myself, I wonder if he'll sleep all night like this?  Fat chance!! We put him down around 12 oclock and he was up at 12:45 screamimg like a banchee.  It took me awhile to figure out what he wanted, finally I put him into his swing and he slept from 2:30 to 6:30.  Not bad for the first night.  Steve and I are trying to get him used to his crib.  I don't know if its the feeling of a different mattress or what but as soon as we put him down in it he wakes up and it's difficult to get him to drift off while he's in it.  All said, I am happy to have my little man home and Steve and I are definitely smitten. 

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome he was able to come home sooner than they originally said. I can't believe how tiny he is and the blanket covers him so well. He'll be growing so fast and next thing you know he'll be a big 4 1/2 year old stealing your cereal as you try to eat breakfast and read blogs...(kade)
    I can't wait to come out this summer and see all the new babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Erika!! YAY!!!!! He's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad he's home...and that is a good stretch for his first night! And you're right def a Drissel trait lol.

    ReplyDelete