Saturday, April 25, 2009




The past few days have been very long and exhausting.  Not only are my professors cramming to get the last of the work in for the semester, but Gio has developed a nasty case of colic.  I don't know if its worse for him or Steve and I.  Last night I finally put him in his car-seat and drove him around town for a while. When he did finally quiet down and I parked the car at home, he started up again.  On a more positive note, our peds visit was very good.  The little piglet is up to 5lb6oz, almost a pound from his birthweight a month ago!  All that breast-feeding every two hours is paying off.  The good news the pediatrician gave us is that there is nothing wrong with him to cause the gastric upset.  The bad news is...there's nothing to fix!! We just have to ride it out.  Those moments that he is comfortable and alert, I look at him and fall a little more in love.

5 comments:

  1. Hes adorable! Love that spiked hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just watch what you eat, girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis is Grandmom's first time to leave a comment, hope it works!
    Grandmom Drissel and (Sally)

    ReplyDelete
  4. he's so cute, i'm glad he's gaining weight. i didn't know you were in school still? you must be so busy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So it's colick oh no...that must be really tough...I've heard by three months it gets better. I hope it does for you well the sooner the better right..
    At least he is doing well in everything else!

    ReplyDelete